What we are about …
We believe the Forum is a suitable vehicle for a collective approach from agents to the LPA to discuss general matters of joint interest and to share and hear ideas for the continual improvement of the City’s planning service, namely:
- To improve communication between Agents and the LPA.
- To discuss and input into all areas of the planning service’s performance.
- To support and make recommendations for service improvements in discussion with the LPA.
- To raise joint awareness of and understanding of each other’s needs and expectations.
- To discuss issues of joint interest.
- To promote and disseminate the very best practice.
- To promote the very highest quality design.
PAF’s Committee meet with a working group from the Planning Department, led by Chief Planner Liz Hobden, at regular quarterly meetings to discuss the issues that exercise our Members from Customer Service through to Planning Policy. Notes of these meetings are published in the Members Section of the website.
PAF aims to have a membership meeting every six months to ensure agents can air any issues of concern, providing an opportunity for open discussion and dissemination of information and Members are encouraged to freely express their views and opinions on any aspect of the Council’s Planning Service.
WHO WE ARE
We are a group of architects, planning agents and other planning professionals , who regularly submit planning applications in the City and who have come together to lobby the promotion of the best possible planning service and to speak as a single voice in calling the Local Planning Authority to account.
Chair: Nick Lomax – LCE Architects
Vice-Chair: Nicola Thomas – Brighton & Hove Community Land Trust
Treasurer & Secretary: Mandi Hilton (non-Voting) email@example.com
Other Committee Members:
Paul Burgess – Lewis Planning
Ian Coomber – Absolute Town Planning
Phillip Naylor – RH Partnership Architects
Kim Strasman – Kim Strasman Associates
Liam Russell – Liam Russell Architects
Huw James – ECE Planning